How To Clean A Microfiber Couch. Many people love cleaning cheats like this and this is one of the best. Discover How To Clean A Microfiber Couch with ONE Ingredient only

How To Clean A Microfiber Couch with ONE Ingredient

Many people love cleaning cheats like this and this is one of the best. Discover How To Clean A Microfiber Couch with ONE Ingredient only. It really Works!!

How To Clean A Microfiber Couch – Microfiber is one of my favorite materials. It’s just so soft and cozy, and my kids love making designs in the seat cushions. BUT, it does have a tendency to showcase stains, even minor ones

Many people love cleaning cheats like this and this is one of the best. It uncovers How To Clean A microfiber Couch and make your microfiber couch chair looking just almost brand new with this simple ingredient!

Discover how it works and how you can do it for yourself below

How To Clean A Microfiber Couch with ONE Ingredient only..This actually really works

How To Clean A Microfiber Couch

Ingredients

• WHITE bristle brush { so that there is no accidental color transfer onto the couch when you are scrubbing }

Instructions

• Pour the rubbing alcohol into the spray bottle and SATURATE the stained area.
  • I know this seems counter-intuitive but rubbing alcohol evaporates much faster than water so it won’t leave a water mark.
  • If your sponge get’s really dirty before you are finished, switch it out for a new one to avoid rubbing old dirt onto clean areas.
  • Let the areas sprayed dry. They will look darker than the rest of your couch and will feel kind of hard to the touch, but don’t worry about it. That’s what the bristle brush is for.
  • Once the couch is completely dry, take your bristle brush and with swirling motions, re-fluff the areas you cleaned.
  • I promise the results will be so awesome you won’t want to let a sippy cup within 3 feet of your couch ever again.

Important Observations!

Will do this effect the warranty on my couch?

•  Every warranty is different. The best way to answer is to call the store you purchased from or the provider of the warranty.

Does the alcohol smell make my couch smell like alcohol?

• Not really. The room will smell like alcohol for about 15 or 20 minutes! what you can do is to ventilate the room as much as possible while you are cleaning and after.

How often can I do this to my couch?

• I do this about once a month and there hasn’t been any damage done to my cushions at all.

It didn’t get all the stains out. Why?

• I’m not a stain master so this is just my thought. Stains like grease or food are much harder to get out. My son wiped his hands on the arm after eating french fries and I had to scrub 2 separate times to get it out and even now there is a very faint mark.
  • If you don’t get it all out the first time, wait a day or 2 and clean it again. And don’t forget to really scrub and REPLACE your sponge when it gets dirty. Otherwise, you will just be rubbing old dirt onto new places.

Does this work on other colors (still microfiber)?

• Yes. I’ve seen it done on dark micro fiber and red microfiber etc with good results.

Does this work on other fabrics or materials?

• I haven’t tried. If you are curious try it on an inconspicuous spot.

There is a ring where I sprayed the alcohol. Why?

• More than likely you didn’t scrub/dry that spot adequately. Remember even though the alcohol evaporates very quickly it is still a liquid. You want to saturate your area but not drench it. If you are left with a ring, spray the area like you would a stain and scrub it out.

How long does it take to scrub and dry?

• This really depends on how dirty your couch is. It took me about 30 mins initially to clean mine but now the monthly spot checks take 10 minutes max.

How soon can I sit on the couch after I clean it?

• Once it dries and you use your brush to fluff it you can sit on it.

Related: 11 Fragrant Plants That Repel Mosquitoes Fast

8 Prostate Cancer Treatment with Home Remedies that Work

Method II

Since I wrote this post, I have reviewed another method to make our couch squeak·y clean. Take the steps below to learn how to clean a microfiber couch

• Get an enzymatic cleaner.” It is a detailing product”  there are many types available, I prefer foam based as in Enzyme foam carpet cleaner which is also used for fabrics.
    • Spray the enzymatic cleaner lightly on the affected areas on the couch. Do not “saturate” or heavily scrub the fabric/foams,  just agitate lightly with the soft side of a clean scotch bright sponge or a use a damp (not wet) cloth, allowing the enzyme to work itself into the stain!
    • When dry use the rough side of the scotch bright sponge to lightly ruff the fibers back up, removing the stains in the process!
    • This worked SO well! I was very skeptical about this initially but now very happy with the results.

Need To Stock Up On Essential Oils?

The best place to buy them is from doTERRA Family Physician Kit, doTERRA offers an extensive collection of quality essential oils at very reasonable prices with consistently fast shipping.  You can find them here  Or if you’d like to try the “Home Essentials Kit Package by doTERRA”. That will provide you with more than enough to get started.

Comments (58)

• Sherry Reply

Thank you!!!! can’t wait to try…:)

August 11, 2015 at 9:08 pm
    • herbsandoilsremedies Reply

Try it sherry, It works!!!

August 12, 2015 at 2:38 am
  • Dani Reply

Will this technique work on other types of upholstery, other than microfiber?

September 13, 2015 at 9:27 am
    • herbsandoilsremedies Reply

Thanks Dani for reaching out, i have only tried this on microfiber.

September 20, 2015 at 11:20 am
  • Megan Reply

What is the sponge for? I can’t tell in the directions where the sponge comes into play?

September 18, 2015 at 4:06 pm
    • herbsandoilsremedies Reply

Hi Megan, that must have slipped my mind, the sponge is for the initial deep scrubbing after the first step in the instructions.

September 20, 2015 at 11:25 am
  • Sue McGee Reply

About how long does it take to dry? And what if it’s the entire couch that needs cleaning? Do I need to remove the cushions?

October 28, 2015 at 12:27 pm
    • herbsandoilsremedies Reply

About how long does it take to dry? that varies depending on the size of the couch and no the cushions does not have to be removed..

October 29, 2015 at 4:22 am
  • Hanaa Reply

hi! I split milk on on the microfibre chair, will it still work with this technique?♈️

November 28, 2015 at 11:00 am
    • herbsandoilsremedies Reply

Absolutely, Please Give it a try…

November 29, 2015 at 7:20 am
  • Chelsea Reply

I tried this on my RED micro couch tonight. I was very hesitant considering the couch was redicolous expensive. I have to say I’m AMAZED!!! I didn’t realize how dirty the couch was until I started scrubbing! Thank you so much for this advise!!

December 13, 2015 at 10:38 pm
    • herbsandoilsremedies Reply

Hi Chelsea, Thanks for this Awesome feedback.. it means a lot to the team here.

December 15, 2015 at 4:42 am
  • Nora Reply

What kind of alcohol do you use?

December 19, 2015 at 12:15 pm
    • herbsandoilsremedies Reply

Any Brand of rubbing alcohol is perfect. rubbing alcohol evaporates much faster than water so it won’t leave a water mark on the couch.

December 19, 2015 at 2:03 pm
      • quizative Reply

What percentage of alcohol? It comes 50%, 70% even 90%.

March 29, 2016 at 10:44 am
        • herbsandoilsremedies Reply

70% alcohol is fine!

March 29, 2016 at 9:06 pm
  • TA Reply

I have dark brown couches but all seating spaces recline. The seating and backs are all loose and puffy if that makes sense.

So I should spray with rubbing alcohol through out the microfiber area until it’s dark, use a white sponge and then let it dry then use brush?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a white sponge so a white rag will have to do.

December 30, 2015 at 2:30 am
    • herbsandoilsremedies Reply

Yes you can do as you described, better if you use a sponge even if it is not white, there will be visible difference when you are through with cleaning. you can also repeat this once weekly till you are satisfied

December 31, 2015 at 12:20 am
  • Lilly Reply

Thanks for that very helpfull hint, it really works excellently ;)))

January 4, 2016 at 4:53 am
  • Amanda Reply

I am having issues finding a white sponge. Any recommendations on where to find one? When I go to the link attached, it takes me to yellow sponges on Amazon.

January 12, 2016 at 6:33 pm
    • herbsandoilsremedies Reply

The reason why i used a white sponge and WHITE bristle brush is so that there is no accidental color transfer onto the couch when scrubbing but you can use a white, clean rag too. that should do the job!

January 15, 2016 at 1:50 am
    • Haley Reply

Magic erasers work really good!

November 14, 2016 at 2:23 pm
  • Tammy Reply

Hoping that this helps with odors too. Going to try over the week end. Thanks

February 24, 2016 at 8:58 pm
  • Kimberly Reply

I love this idea and I can’t believe I didn’t think of it before! I am going to give it a try today. I’ve used all the other hacks but they all include vinegar which I cannot stand the smell of and I can smell it through any essential oil. Great for cleaning but I always feel like my house smells like a bottle of catch up after. I use alcohol to clean all sorts of stains it is my go to as well as Armand Hammer. If people knew all the uses for alcohol we would shut down Proctor and Gamble and alcohol is so much cheaper. I’ll let you know how it goes and thanks for the idea what a wonderful hack Kim

March 10, 2016 at 9:19 am
    • Herbsandoilsremedies Reply

This recipe is a proven/popular solution for our readers, Please Give it a try…

April 3, 2016 at 1:42 am
  • BarbieB Reply

I just tried it. I wish I would’ve taken before pics but would be too embarrassed to show anyone. My couch was bought used and with 4 teenagers, their friends, and 4 cats it is a well used couch. My son would sleep on it every night. It had stains and was actually shiny in spots where it was most worn. My husband started helping me after I showed him how it was working, but he grabbed our wire bristled cat brush to scrub at the really shiny parts. I was worried that it might hurt the fabric but it actually worked well. He worked at it from all directions and the dark shiny spots disappeared. I might not recommend that every time but as a last ditch effort maybe it would help someone else.

April 1, 2016 at 11:36 pm
    • Herbsandoilsremedies Reply

Thank you for the awesome feedback!, I’m glad it was helpful! Have a great rest of the week.

April 3, 2016 at 1:40 am
  • Nata Reply

It did not work on mine

April 6, 2016 at 6:15 am
    • Herbsandoilsremedies Reply

I love that so many of our readers have tried this tips and have been very excited with the results

April 7, 2016 at 1:41 am
  • Diane Reply

I really want to try this, but I have never seen a white sponge?! Any ideas on where to find them? Thanks so much for sharing!

April 6, 2016 at 9:00 pm
    • Herbsandoilsremedies Reply

you can use any other type of sponge not necessarily white, I used a wet sponge and rinsed it out when needed. It worked really well

April 7, 2016 at 1:46 am
  • joanna Reply

Did this today and it worked great! My sectional did not have removable covers to throw in the wash so this was my only option.

The smell is really overwhelming but doesn’t last long. I think the main thing is to FULLY saturate the areas your cleaning like directed or you won’t get the old spots out.

I was scared to try it, paid 3,500.00 for the couch, but it looked like garbage after three years of kids eating on it. So glad I did it!

April 7, 2016 at 1:50 am

Thanks or the great Feedback

April 7, 2016 at 1:59 am
  • Angie Reply

Thank you so much! You saved our single income family the cost of a new sofa!
    This worked so well after just one try, we plan to give it another shot tonight on the really tough stains! Where have you been all my life?

April 7, 2016 at 2:07 am
  • NRivers Reply

I just did this today…it was a lot of work, but well worth it. I finished all 6 if the seat cushions gonna tackle the back and arms later this week.

Who would have thought that alcohol could be used for this type of cleaning?? Nonetheless…to whomever you are…THANK YOU!!!

April 7, 2016 at 2:34 am
  • Breezy Reply

What about small blood stains. I have two small ones that I need to take off. Can I use that or should I try some other type of removal?

May 18, 2016 at 12:25 pm
    • Herbsandoilsremedies Reply

The instructions in the article should work just fine even for blood stains!

May 21, 2016 at 7:09 pm
    • Nancy E Gerken Reply

Hyrodrogen Peroxide is safe to remove any blood stains. It actually foams up while it cutting the stain away….rinse with cold water and then scrub with Tide

November 21, 2017 at 10:55 am
  • Debra Hernandez Reply

I really have a question, and it is If someone says to spot clean something using the foam only from a water-based product. What do they mean?

October 27, 2016 at 9:51 pm
    • Herbsandoilsremedies Reply

One thing that you should note is the types of cleaners which are made for different types of fabrics

If the instructions on your upholstery “says “Spot clean with foam only of a water-based cleaning agent “. this implies yours is code W furniture etc

The instruction is only a guideline, though, To diy this, Spot clean your sofa using the foam only from a water-based cleaning agent such as a mild detergent or non-solvent upholstery shampoo. Apply foam with a soft rag or brush in a circular motion. Vacuum when dry. Always pretest a small area before proceeding.

NB: professional cleaning is best recommended for getting out stains

October 31, 2016 at 2:25 am
  • KHeart Reply

Any good remedies for nail polish? My toddler spilled some on our couch! I got most of it but there’s some residue. Also eye lash glue! TIA!!

October 30, 2016 at 3:35 pm
    • Herbsandoilsremedies Reply

You can try rubbing alcohol, If you don’t get it all out the first time, wait a day or 2 and clean it again. And don’t forget to really scrub and REPLACE your sponge when it gets dirty. Otherwise, you will just be rubbing old dirt onto new places.

October 31, 2016 at 2:30 am
  • Chris little Reply

Any idea how to get black dye out, it rubbed off a pair of pants didn’t notice it for a couple days it’s bad. Do you think the rubbing alcohol will work?

December 6, 2016 at 9:46 pm
  • jw Reply

Will this work on car seat stains?

January 7, 2017 at 12:35 pm
    • Herbsandoilsremedies Reply

You can try it out, It will be interesting to see how effective it turns out

January 12, 2017 at 11:45 pm
    • Landon Nienhuser Reply

Tes it will work on car seat stains

August 2, 2017 at 10:56 pm

Yes, It Will!

August 3, 2017 at 9:34 am
  • Wilma Reply

I almost paid to have my diningroom chairs professionally cleaned !!! You saved me hundreds and they came out like new !!!!! Thank you so much !!!

February 20, 2017 at 5:25 pm

awesome!!!

February 21, 2017 at 3:33 am
  • Jon Reply

Gave it a try and I was very pleaseed with the results.

April 4, 2017 at 3:39 pm
    • Herbsandoilsremedies Reply

Glad it worked out perfectly for you!

April 10, 2017 at 1:55 am
  • Ella Reply

I’m going to try this. I have a question though. Do I saturate a small section at a time, wash/scrub with sponge & the smell (granddaughter peed) will come out too? Thanks in advance.

April 23, 2017 at 5:52 pm
    • Herbsandoilsremedies Reply

Exactly. Please proceed with confidence!

April 25, 2017 at 1:55 pm
  • V Reply

2 notes…please update the article to include how to use the sponge and also include as to whether or not the sponge should be wet or dry. I am trying this on my couch right now. I hope it works.

May 19, 2017 at 1:13 pm
  • Ann Reply

Antique chair and the cats left it so dirty. The alcohol in a spray bottle worked great!!! No stains and it didn’t hurt the fabric at all!!! Thank you so much. :)
    I didn’t have a sponge so I used dry paper towels, clean ones each stain. It worked like a miracle. Thank you SO much.

August 17, 2017 at 10:03 am
    • Herbsandoilsremedies Reply

Glad It worked just fine. Cheers!

September 3, 2017 at 6:22 am
  • 21 Creative (and Cheap!) Ways To Clean Every Inch Of Your Home Reply

[…] 4. Use rubbing alcohol to clean your microfiber couch I love microfiber sofas. They are so warm and cozy, but are also more prone to stains if you have pets or young children — accidents are bound to happen. Luckily, all you need is one ingredient to get your couch back to feeling like new again. Here’s how. […]

November 17, 2017 at 9:33 pm